Suning’s plan is to bring Inter back to success. This seems to be clear by analyzing the business plan and investments that the Chinese group is making to re-launch the ambitions of the Black-and-Blue of Milan.
As analyzed by the Italian sports newspaper Corriere dello Sport, in the first 8 months of management, Jindong Zhang reshaped the club demonstrating that his group has a clear plan for the present and the future of Inter. The priority seems to reorganize Inter’s accounts also to follow the rules of the Financial Fair Play and in the future providing more investments through a continuous increase in sales, already over €200 million without the Champions League money.
Suning’s plan for Inter – Investments
- €270 million for 68.55% of the club. Suning also covered the debts of the previous ownership for a total of €309 mln;
- A shareholder loan of €180 million profit to repay the loan made by Thohir (€131.6 million, including interest);
- The group purchased (or has committed to purchase) other players for €130 million (Candreva, Gabigol, Joao Mario and Gagliardini). Suning also rewarded the players for the 4-row of victories in early 2017;
- €15 million sponsorship deals for the Pinetina, Interello and for the training kits.
Suning’s plan for Inter – Goals
Overcome AC Milan in the number of fans in Asia.
- Last summer, Inter had around 311 million supporters, 148 million between Asia and the Pacific region: 9th place among the companies worldwide, 4th overall in China. However, even with these amazing numbers, AC Milan was still ahead in Asia.
Boost the club in Asia through television investments.
- Suning is working hard on this front. The investment for the sponsorships made by Suning.com and the broadcasting of the Inter Channel through PPTV are bringing great benefits to China where in a few months the team will go on tour.
Increase the number of sponsors.
A new big sponsorship deal will be announced shortly. The image rights of the players will be sold for around €15 million to a Chinese company who will use them in the domestic market with regional sponsors, excluded from the agreement with Infront.