Competitive gamers and esports enthusiasts will rejoice as Electronic Arts (EA) and Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) will launch the largest EA SPORTS™ FIFA competition ever this fall.
The yearlong competitive ecosystem features real world clubs, millions of players and a global, multi-week playoff & grand final.
According to EA’s press release, players all over the globe will compete to become world champion. Powered by FIFA 18 and FIFA Ultimate Team™ on Xbox One and PlayStation®4, this competitive ecosystem between FIFA and EA will include many ways for players to compete.
- Official football league competitions – Players will have the opportunity to represent their favorite real-life club through official league competitions.
- FIFA Ultimate Team Champions Cups– Open to all eligible players, this mass entry tournament starts with online matchmaking with top players qualifying for live events this winter and spring.
- New FIFA Interactive Club World Cup – An All-Star tournament featuring players signed to clubs. AND, top-tier competitive gaming organizations will help us deliver even more ways for players to compete at the highest levels.
All competitions will provide eligible players many opportunities to qualify for the multi-week playoff and grand final. There, only one player will be named the global champion.
FIFA 18 is set to be released later this year for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Switch. There are several new features and enhancements that should get players really excited:
- New varieties of team style of play
- Vastly improved graphics
- Stadium atmosphere to match uniqueness of the venue where game is played
- Enhanced dribilling
Portuguese international and Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo will be the global cover star of EA SPORTS FIFA 18. He was recorded to make his video game likeness as realistic as possible in Madrid. Several parameters were identified: acceleration, run cadence, and shooting technique. These metrics also helped inform gameplay fluidity, player responsiveness, and player explosiveness.